Saturday, May 7, 2011

returning to the city of love

The last time I was in Paris was five years ago. Five. I can't decide if it feels like it has been longer or shorter then that. Either way I was delighted to get back to the city that I fell in love with back in grade 10. This time around things were a little different. Because I had already seen all of the main sites I was able to actual relax and enjoy the Parisian lifestyle. 
Come on, you had to know I was referring to the food - and wine of course. Our first day in Paris consisted of seeing Notre Dame, walking along the Siene, stopping by the Louvre, hanging out in the Jardin de Luxembourg for a while, going to the top of the Eiffel Tower, and eating and drinking as much deliciousness we could (pain de chocolat, crepes, sorbet, red wine, croque madame). Once again the weather was amazing making it so enjoyable to walk around the city. I loved being able to take our time and wander the streets. There is something about Paris that makes me want to do this all day.
Notre Dame
Siene
Love locks
Jardin de Luxembourg
Louvre

Eiffel Tower
Climbing up the tower
Croque madame

We finished our first day in Paris off with some delicious wine and watched the night light show of the Eiffel Tower. It was an excellent way to start off our time in France. We had a few more of these lovely French-filled days that I will soon be filling you in on. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment