Friday, May 13, 2011

markets, food and our favourite friends

If you have been following my blog for a while you know that I never planned on going to Spain while I was on exchange. And then things happened. And I went. It was actually my first trip while being over here. And while I was over there it kind of made me love it. Now I won't get carried away because it seems that a lot of places over here have made me fall in love with it, or have somehow taken a bit of my heart. But isn't that the point? To absolutely love every second while over here. Even if it's not it is definitely how I would sum up my experience in Europe. 
We started our time off in Barcelona. We were there for two days, three nights and made the most of it. Our time consisted of markets, seeing Sagrada Familia, walking through Park Guell, meeting up with two of our favourite people from Strathclyde, enjoying an evening on the pier, experiencing Spanish clubs, paella and of course sangria. 
Sagrada Familia
Looming over Barcelona like a magical mid-city massif of needles and peaks, Sagrada Familia is Barcelona's most unforgettable landmark. It is one of the most important architectural creations of the 19th to 21st centuries, though it is still under construction (and it started being built in 1882).
Park Guell
Palau Nacional
Camille and Axel

Barcelona was what I thought a typical Spanish experience would be like. It lived up to it all. Even the pickpocketing (but don't worry it wasn't me, and luckily Kayla got most of it back). We were in for an even bigger treat at our next and final stop. 
Off to bed now. Had my first exam today that went pretty well and tomorrow I start getting ready for the next one. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment