Saturday, May 14, 2011

enjoying our final days

Our last two days in Madrid were spent wandering through plazas (they have a lot of them) and spending countless hours in Buen Retiro Park. The first time we walked through it I was amazed by all of the symmetry in the gardens and then we turned a corner and came across something even more wonderful. I am pretty sure it surprised us all - in the good way of course. There lay this giant pool type thing with a massive statue on one side and lots of little boats floating throughout the water. The weather was insanely hot so we enjoyed the scenery and had our own siestas along the waterside. We went back the next day to further walk through the gardens (the park is huge) and of course to have another siesta. When in Spain right?
Eurotrip wolfpack
And then came the end of our trip. Although sad to leave behind our adventure backpacking through Europe it was nice to get back to Glasgow. I was itching to get home by that time. To my bed (although not that comfortable), to our flat, and to the city that I now consider home. Glasgow may be home for right now but Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, France and Spain will all have a special place in my heart, as will the girls I travelled with. It was a once in a lifetime experience and I am so glad I got to do it. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment