Tuesday, March 1, 2011

father daughter weekend

This past weekend was lovely. It was so nice to be able to show my Dad around Glasgow and the place that I have been living in, and will be living in for the next few months. From the way I talked about the city he probably thinks I never want to leave...which is pretty much the case. Making this weekend even better was the fact that it was sunny, and warm, and perfect for walking around. I couldn't have asked for the weather to be better. From his experience, my Dad doesn't understand why everyone seems to talk about the rain in Scotland - he got some sort of special treatment with the weather. Typical. 
Kelvingrove Park
Kelvingrove Park
My favourite
We spent Sunday in the West End of Glasgow walking through Kelvingrove Park, the University of Glasgow campus and the Kelvingrove Museum. The sun brought out tons of people to the park - boys playing football, kids running around, and couples strolling through the park for an afternoon walk with their dog. We came across several of these patches of flowers throughout the park, and I found them especially beautiful. It may be because I haven't seen flowers in a while, or because it is the first sign that spring is around the corner! 
The Italian Kitchen
We finished off our weekend with dinner at The Italian Kitchen which was one of the best meals I have had in awhile. We both started off with salads (mine caprese, and his rocket with parmesan) and continued with king prawn and white wine pasta with tomatoes. Oh and we shared bruschetta to start and finished the meal off with a rhubarb and mascarpone cream desert. So. Delicious. 
It was nice to take the weekend off from our normal crazy shenanigans and relax with the pops. Plus he brought me a little goody bag of magazines, and neutrogena/aveeno products so I am a happy girl. Thanks for visiting Daddy! (oh and although we didn't make it into Topshop he gave me a littttle bit of spending money to buy myself something pretty. I have been told no headscarfs are allowed though. Once I buy something I will be sure to post some pictures of it). xo

No comments:

Post a Comment