Monday, March 21, 2011

we were irish for the day

I am going to start off by stating the obvious: St. Patricks Day in Ireland was unreal! Think of something really awesome...and this day was more awesome then that. We could not get over the excitement that filled the entire city (and country). 
The day started off with us getting up at 8:30, getting ready, and drinking by 9:30. We drank for a bit at Joe's place so we didn't have to spend as much money out at the pubs (who were we kidding - we still spent a ton). When we finally made it out of the house (around 12:00) we went to watch a bit of the parade that had just started. Due to all of the families and kids on parents shoulders we weren't exactly able to see much of the parade. Amy insisted on finding a spot where we could see - apparently she is obsessed with parades or something - but in the end we convinced her that going to the pub across the street was a better idea. We first went to Door 51 - a pub they frequent regularly, where we could see part of the parade from the outside patio area. There we did Irish car bombs (in Ireland they drop a shot of whisky into a guinness), had way too much green beer that made my tongue green and enjoyed Irish flag shots. 
On to the most exciting news of the entire trip - I got to see Tess! If anyone doesn't already know, Tess is my favourite person ever aka my best friend. So getting to see her in Ireland was unbelievable. She is studying for the semester in Denmark (where I am visiting her in late April). I got to meet a bunch of her friends from school and we stayed together for the entire day. I am sure people got sick of us talking about "how awesome it is that we are together in IRELAND"! It definitely made the trip worthwhile. 
Parade
Irish car bombs
REUNITED and so happy about it
Tess, Claire, Astrid and I
Irish flag shots
Celebrating
Astrid and I
SO much green beer
Joe, Kayla, Amy and I
It was delicious
Claire, Amy and I
Jordan and I
<3
Adorable
St. Pat you are great
The rest of the day/night was spent moving from bar to bar to bar. Just the way St. Pat's is supposed to be done. Thank gosh there are so many bars to go to :) By the end of the night I had lost all of my flatmates but don't get all worried, I was with Tess and her friends. And someone must have been looking out for us because at the end of the night all of my flatmates, including myself, made it back to Joe's apartment. It was an amazing day, one that I will most definitely never forget. Well I will never forget the parts I actually remembered from the night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment