Tuesday, March 15, 2011

heaven on earth

Here are a few pictures from my favourite place to walk by when I was in Sevilla. The pictures don't really do it justice - but it is huge! And so beautiful. We passed by it a couple times a day while I was there (it is so close to both their apartment and the university). 

The Plaza de Espana is located in Maria Luisa Park and was built in 1928 for the Ibero-American Exposition of 1929. It is a landmark example of the Renaissance revival style in Spanish architecture. 
This building is what made me fall so head over heels in love with Spain.
Now it is time for me to go fall in love with another country. I am leaving for Ireland very very soon (like in 2 hours). St. Pat's this year is going to be unreal! I hope everyone else has just as fantastic of a week! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment