Tuesday, July 26, 2011

in a disney movie

After our night of debauchery with the Bavarians we headed to Neuschwanstein castle located about 2 hours from Munich. I would like to make a note that taking a two hour train ride after the night we had was definitely not our best idea but nonetheless we made it and were stoked to see the castle that inspired the Disney princess castles. This may or may not have been the reason we wanted to go. 
So let's just say Neuschwanstein was all it is cracked up to be. Surrounded by mountains the off-white castle stands out amoung all of the greenery. The best part of the whole thing was standing on Marienbrucke, looking out at the castle with a flowing waterfall underneath. Postcard worthy photo op I tell you. But these pictures I have barely do it justice. Here they are anyways. 
first glimpse
your average bavarian viewpoint
dreamlike. i swear. 
disney princess anyone?
casual
waterfall
sarah gave me a lesson in camping
drinking some waterfall water
a usual day in europe
This is possibly what perfection looks like. No not me. The castle. Duh. 
We spent such a long time on the Marienbrucke gazing out at the castle and the surrounding area. Later Sarah and I climbed down to the waterfall (where we soon realized I am not nearly as capable of doing such a thing) to get a little taste of the water. yum yum yum. I think this was also the time we discovered sarah lives for danger. Yes danger, not the wilderness. (writers note: most likely no one will understand that. but I am too lazy to explain. sarah and mel can explain). xo

No comments:

Post a Comment