Wednesday, June 8, 2011

just like in dreams

I went on a solo trip to Isle of Skye in my last couple weeks of being in Scotland. I had heard so much about it and knew that I had to make it all the way up there while I was over here. With it being a somewhat inconvenient place to get to without renting a car (and no way was I doing that) I decided to go with a mini tour. There were 14 of us in total and as much as my parents made fun of me for going on a tour it was definitely the easiest way to see so much of the island. 
The island itself was remarkable. I could not have dreamed up a more perfect place. From the expansive and bright green slopes, to the countless grazing sheep it all seemed unimaginable. Like a place you can only think of in you dreams. BUt it existed, and of all the places I have been so far it was the most breathtaking, eye-catching and overwhelmingly amazing. Here are a few photos from our first day on the island. They barely do it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment